We’ve been loving some of the instant play movies on Netflix and I thought I’d share some of my favorite “foodie” movies with you!
- Food Inc. – just out last summer, this movie has given the “Real Food” movement a huge nudge! A must see for anyone, it discusses our modern food industry and the health of the foods we eat.
- Future of our Food – a movie that shed light on the relationship between government and the food industry as well as the issues with GMOs.
- King Corn – two guys spend a summer growing an acre of corn and watch it get into the food system. Oh wait – they find out allt his corn we grow isn’t for human consumption!
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (alright, it’s a t.v. show and not a movie – but it’s been great) I’ve always liked Jamie Oliver, but he’s stepped it up a notch by trying to get a town to embrace fresh and real foods.
- The Botany of Desire – Based on the popular book of Micheal Pollan, he teaches about the natural history of some very common plants from fruits and flowers to cannabis.
- Supersize Me – if you haven’t heard of this one yet, one man eats only McDonald’s food for 30 days.
- Bizzare Foods – I seriously love this show! It’s a fantastic way to see how other cultures eat – even today! It really brings home the research Weston A. Price. (he traveled and studied other cultures and how they ate back in the 1930’s so that he could figure out what a nutrient dense diet contained) While some cultures have definitely changes, it’s amazing to see such strong and beautiful people (with great teeth!!) that live in some of the least industrialized places. One particular episode went to Japan and they talked about how soy was prepared. In one place it was fermented for 8 years! Seriously, if “real” food intrigues you, you’ll love the show!
- The Kellogg Brothers – Corn Flake Kings – Not a specific ‘foodie’ movie, but one I found kinda interesting. Especially when you find out how the vegetarian movement got started. And that corn flakes did not start out with sugar in them..
- Still on my to watch list is Bad Seed: The truth about our Food – GMO’s
- Another still in my queue is Fed Up – another movie about our food system and it even includes old footage of interviews with farmers.
What Foodie movies have you seen and loved?
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.