I’m all about not letting someone have my money interest free for a year, but if you’re like me, you’re probably getting some sort of tax refund this year. So what are you going to do with it? The last couple years I’ve been spending it on things that will;
A. Save me money on food in the long run.
B. Further our quest for healthy eating/living
10 things you could buy with your return:
- Bulk meats – we usually save some money for both my husbands hunting costs and for part of a cow in the fall.
- Bulk baking supplies – flour, sugar, grains, etc.
- Buy some fat – stock up on coconut oil, EVOO, organic butter
- Freezer – a great spot to put summer produce!
- CSA membership – find a local farm that offers a CSA and you’ll receive produce all summer long
- Seeds – try planting your own garden, even if it’s just a few pots on your patio
- Chickens! – not for everyone of course, but hopefully this year we’ll be buying chicks for eggs and meat
- Kitchen gadgets – a nice mixer is such a help in the kitchen! This year I hope to get a grain mill.
- Non-toxic pots and pans – go cast iron or enamel
- Glass containers – ditch your plastic and buy some glass storage containers
What’s on your list to buy this year?
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.