Tis the season of my life where my littles run my schedule. Last night my baby didn’t nod off to sleep until midnight and then my 3 year old woke up at 5am with a runny nose and barky sounding cough. And when my baby awoke, I noticed the new little grin she’s sporting.
That’s right, teething has begun!
So with both of them on the fritz today, I realized my whole list was not going to get done and just worked when I could. I did end up getting 4 bags of spaghetti sauce bagged up for the freezer as well as some fermented ketchup. I also had some rice to go in the freezer but I forgot it was still on the stove until I looked at the pictures I took today.
It had only been on the stove for 2 hours!
Tomorrow I need to just brown and season 3 lbs of meat for tacos, and make up some chicken noodle soup (minus noodles – I’ll add those when we cook it) for a quick nourishing meal should one of us start to feel unwell.
All in all here’s what I accomplished today:
- make pancakes (some for breakfast, some for later)
- make cream cheese chicken pasta casserole (half for dinner, half for later) Done. Except we ate it all
- make fermented ketchup – DONE
- make mayo
- marinate and freeze steaks
- marinate and freeze chicken – forgot to buy extra chicken
- make playdoh – NOPE
- make spaghetti sauce, 4 batches – DONE
- make pizza sauce, 4 batches
- make bbq sauce, 2 batches
Better than nothing that’s for sure! And I won’t have to bake snacks for my husbands lunch for a few weeks, plus once I finish up tomorrow I’ll have about 14 quicker to get ready meals.
Not in my written plan, but other accomplishments:
- Loved my babies
- Served as a chew toy for a teething baby
- Doled out multiple kisses to an ill feeling toddler
- Put an end to a few earth shattering tantrums
- Made some good old fashioned cold fighting lunch: homemade chicken noodle soup
- Made a dinner that my husband raved about
- and again – I loved my babies!!!