This week Crystal and Fishmama are co hosting a baking day, and since I haven’t done one of these since before the baby was born, I’m quite overdue! I love having a couple meals in the freezer ready to go, or at least partially finished so it doesn’t take so long to cook up each night.
My plan for today is to get the kitchen clean, grocery shop for needed ingredients, and get some food prep done.
- soak oatmeal (for breakfast)
- soak rice
- soak beans
Then tomorrow I plan on making:
- Granola Bars, 2 batches
- Blueberry spelt muffins, 2 batches
- GF zucchini muffins
- GF applesauce muffins
- cooked ground beef, 2 pounds placed in 1/2 pound amounts in ziplocs
- cooked taco meat, 2 pounds
- make crockpot chicken (some for dinner, some for later)
- make chili
- make mexican rice
Tuesday night prep; clean kitchen, get chicken broth going in crockpot, soak pancake batter
- make pancakes (some for breakfast, some for later)
- make cream cheese chicken pasta casserole (half for dinner, half for later)
- make fermented ketchup
- make mayo
- marinate and freeze steaks
- marinate and freeze chicken
- make playdoh
- make spaghetti sauce, 4 batches
- make pizza sauce, 4 batches
- make bbq sauce, 2 batches
While my list is rather daunting, I’m hoping to make some good headway and get most of this list done in just a couple days, though it may drag out all week if my kiddos have anythign to do with it!
And you can follow along on twitter using the hashtag #bakingday!