The cherry tomatoes have such a nice sweet flavor, it really goes quite well with the spice of salsa.
Now the first time I made it (pictured) I cut them all up by hand. *whew that was a lot of cutting* The next time I made it. I threw a handful at a time into the food processor. Not only were the chunks smaller, it went much faster!
We love this stuff and go through quarts of it a week when I can make it fresh from our garden.
- about 5 cups of whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 small to medium onion (or half of a large onion) (red onions are fantastic in this)
- 3-5 jalapenos, no seeds (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ -1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (again, depending on spice)
- Cut, chop, and mix everything together.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes, but it’s best if the flavors work themselves together overnight.
Like this recipe? Check out the “Recipes Page” for more!
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.