The change of seasons brings about new menus and new flavors; spring brings lightness to our meals with fresh produce. This salad not only brings a lot of color to your plate, but a variety of nutrients as well – many of them offering cleansing properties to your body.
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 3-4)
- 1 apple sliced thin (green or slightly sour for premium taste)
- 2-3 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 5 Tbsp mixed nuts and seeds (pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (juice from ½ lemon)
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- optional - 1-2 tsp grated ginger
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve immediately, or keep in fridge for up to two days. (may keep longer if you store the dressing in a separate container) This salad is also tasty on top of a bed of greens.
*this post is linked to Real Food Wednesday