Summer is a great time to make sure you have a first aid kit on hand – even better if it’s all natural!
My friend Dara recently launched Elysium Naturals, a company that makes herbal preparations and remedies and I’m excited to have them as s sponsor here at NKU. Because I believe that using herbs as medicine is not only effective, but that they can boost your body’s ability to heal as well.
This natural first aid kit is one of their favorite products – and mine as well! It includes:
- Arnica Oil: Virgin olive oil is infused with flowers of Arnica and St. John’s Wort help to ease pain and bruising when blunt trauma has occurred. Topical arnica oil can help to slow the immune response, decreasing pain and discoloration associated with bruising. For external use only, do not apply to broken skin.
- Burn Salve: Comfrey and Burdock infused in olive oil to aid in the regeneration of new skin cells, and blended with vitamin A rich shea butter, soothing aloe, and raw honey to relive pain and speed the healing of burns. Apply liberally to burns and keep moist and covered. Reapply frequently as needed during healing.
- Cayenne Powder: Cayenne contains capsicum, an amazing, powerful, and natural stimulant. Capsicum relieves many types of pain. It is also used for stopping hemorrhages, energy boost, heart attack, hemoglobin, circulation, low blood pressure, muscle pain, shock, stroke, ulcers, digestive aid, and varicose veins.
- Deep Tissue Oil: A deeply warming blend of herbs and essential oils known to relieve pain, bring down inflammation, and increase circulation, which brings about faster healing. Helpful for healing breaks, bruises, and trauma to tendons, ligaments, bone, muscle, soft tissue, joints, and arthritis. Helps break up the congestion of coughs and relieves headaches too! (For external use only; keep out of eyes and other sensitive areas. Dilute with olive oil for use on small children.)
- Green Salve: Wear and tear repair in a tin! Apply this soothing salve to scrapes, cuts, bug bites, rashes, and chapped or irritated skin. Healing herbs are infused in a base of pure olive oil and beeswax with antiseptic essential oils to bring comfort and speed healing. Clean the skin before applying salve. (Salve may stain fabric.)
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender is a universal oil that has traditionally been known to balance the body and work wherever there is a need. Uses include anxiety, arthritis, asthma, boils, bronchitis, bruises, cold sores, convulsions, depression, earaches, fainting, gallstones, hay fever, headaches, heart irregularity, high blood pressure, hives, hysteria, insect bites and bee stings, migraine headaches, mouth abscesses, nervous tension, respiratory function, rheumatism, skin conditions, sprains, stress, sunburns, sun stroke, tension, throat infections, wounds.
- People Paste: Several powdered herbs are combined to make an astringent powder that helps to stop bleeding in cuts and helps avoid infection in wounds. Apply to cuts to stop bleeding (apply pressure if necessary, and bandage), and apply to cleansed wounds to help speed healing and prevent infection.
- Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal is traditionally used to absorb and neutralize poisons and toxins. Can be used internally to treat food poisoning and adverse drug reactions, or externally to draw poison from stings and bites. (While a good first response, this is not meant to replace the correct antidote for poisonous snakebites!) To take internally, stir a spoonful of charcoal powder into a glass of water and drink (it is flavorless). For external use, mix with a small amount of water to make a poultice and hold or bind over sting or bite.
Eight great little remedies packaged up in a convenient carry along bag – makes it easy to bring to outings or camping trips. Or at least keep everything all in one place.
Elysium Naturals is giving away one Natural First Aid Kit to one of you!
- leave a comment on this giveaway post
- check out Elysium Naturals and let us know which product you find interesting
- subscribe to the Naturally Knocked Up blog via email
Entries will be accepted until Monday, June 25, 2012 at 6am.
Giveaway Fine Print
1) giveaway item will be as stated above. 2)Entrants must be over 18 and have a US mailing address. 3) Giveaway to run from 6/22/12 to 6/25/12 6:00am EST. 4) Entries will be considered when left as a comment, valid e-mail address required. 5) Winner will be chosen via random number by the WP plugin ‘and the winner is….’ and they have 48 hours to claim their prize after I send an email. 6) Duplicate entries will be deleted if found, contest will be extended is site issues come up. 7 ) giveaway sponsored by Elysium Naturals 8) No purchase necessary to win. 9) Prize not redeemable for cash. 10)Naturally Knocked Up, LLC is not liable for any injury or damage to persons and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered.
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.