It’s been a long, long time since I’ve posted any good deals from the grocery store. Most of that is due to the fact that it’s hard to find coupons and deals on whole foods or organic foods. See, most of the stuff I’ve bought before was for my husband, but I think he’s finally on the healthy eating train with us! (And I have to quickly say that even though I don’t get many “deals” on foods anymore, our grocery budget hasn’t budged. We’ve been able to spend only as much as we spent before!)
For some reason though, Meijer had a bunch of “good” foods half off the other week, so I bought as much as what was left in our budget for the month! I ended up getting:
- Organic soy sauce 50% off
- Sunflower Oil 50% off (which I use to make my face wash not eat)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 50% off
- Molasses 50% off
- Muir Glen organic salsa 50% off plus I had a dollar off coupon so it was only 50 cents!
- And I also got some organic Fruitaboo smooshed fruit roll ups. They were marked down 50%, but when I checked out they rang up for only 80 cents, so it was 75% off! (I love having these in the diaper bag for snack when we’re out!)
- Plus I also got 3 packages of Appletree Farms hotdogs at 40% off. They’re organic, nitrate free, and made with grassfed beef. Best of all they actually taste good. (so I’ve heard – I can’t stand hotdogs, but my hubby and son love these!)
All in all, these deals made for a great trip for me!