Delightfully sweet, yet not overly so, these homemade peanut butter cups are an indulgence you can feel good about. Healthy? Not necessarily…… but with natural and unrefined ingredients these hit the spot in all the right places.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Powdered cocoa (I use the kind not processed with alkali)
Melted coconut oil
Honey (preferably raw)
Peanut butter, softened (preferably homemade)
Method of Preparation
Yes, the quantities are missing from this recipe, but only because it depends on the container you use. I’m figuring you’re all smart enough to figure that part out.
1. You’ll use a 1:1:1 ratio of the cocoa, oil, and honey (I used 1/4 cup for a small pan about 4×6 in) and mix together until smooth. Pour into a greased pan (or press waxed paper into the pan so you can just pull it out when slicing) and freeze until firm, about one hour.
2. Mix the peanut butter with a touch of honey, just enough so it’s slightly sweet. For the same small pan, I used about 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp honey. Spread over the frozen chocolate layer.
3. Mix together the same amount of cocoa, oil, and honey as you did for the first layer and spread over peanut butter.
4. Freeze until firm, about 1 more hour.
5. Hide from your family. Or give it away to keep from eating all of it!
- keep cold as it will start to melt a bit over 75 degrees because of the coconut oil
- you can also use butter in place of the oil.
- make them in cupcake liners (mini or regular) for true “PB cup” form!
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.