I remember being in highschool, having to many shoes to fit on the floor of my closet.
I kinda had a thing for shoes.
But then real life happened, the bills needed to be paid which didn’t help, but the biggest issue was I was on my feet. All. Day. Long.
And my normal shoes hurt my feet, as did the many pairs I tried to buy to fix the problem. But it was difficult to find a nice looking pair of shoes that were comfortable.
I worked as a Customer Service Rep at a bank and rarely ever got to sit down. Then I worked as a Head Cashier at one of our local universities where I was also on my feet and walking quite a bit. (Actually, I got to sit down a lot more at that job, but let’s not tell, mmkay? They paid me a lot more so let’s pretend I worked harder.)
And to be honest? I got cheap.
But the cheap shoes I was buying were horribly uncomfortable and ended up falling apart on me. Or squeaking.
And y’all know what a dufus you feel like when you walk around a quiet office with squeaky shoes.
So the last few years I’ve been changing the way I buy my shoes. I buy for quality now, which actually saves me money in the long run, and I also seek out better companies.
Which is why when I was asked at Blissdom this last year if I wanted to review and giveaway a pair of Earth Footwear shoes, a line from Earth Brand, I jumped at the chance!
Aren’t they gorgeous?
I went back and forth on which shoes I wanted to try, something with a heel? Some flats for summer?
I ended up with a high heel shoe, the Banyan, because I have never found one to be comfortable. And I figured that if this company could make a comfy heel, I could be certain that the others were just as fabulous.
Folks, you know I wouldn’t lie to you right?
I love these shoes.
They are actually easy to walk in (which surprised me since I don’t normally wear heels. And when I do I feel like Miss. Klutzy). And comfortable!
I’ve worn them to church a few times, even with a crappy, peeling off pedicure, just because they were so gorgeous I didn’t care what my toes looked like. And I wore them out and about, running errands all day. That my friends led to a bit of soreness.
But nothing that is out of the ordinary when wearing brand new shoes. Especially when your feet are used to winter socks.
I’m an Earth Footwear convert and may just pick up a pair of the negative heel shoes from the Earth Brand Kalso line for this summer as well.
And I love that I get to give one away a pair of the Earth Footwear shoes to one of you.
We’ll have happy feet together!
The winner will get to choose one of the popular styles they have in stock (in their size).
To Enter the Giveaway:
- Leave a comment here on this post
(must leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Head over to Earth Footwear and pick out your favorite. Leave a comment here at this post and mention it.
- “Like” Earth Footwear on Facebook
- “Like” NKU on Facebook
- Share this giveaway post on facebook or twitter (easy sharing buttons to the left of the post)
Entries excepted until 11:59PM EST on Saturday, April 28 2012
Giveaway Fine Print
1) giveaway item will be one pair of shoes from Earth Footwear. 2)Entrants must be over 18 and have a US mailing address. 3) Giveaway to run from 4/25/12 to 4/28/12 at 11:59PM EST. 4) Entries will be considered when left as a comment, valid e-mail address required, maximum 5 entries per person when using the extra entires. 5) Winner will be chosen via random number. 6) Duplicate entries will be deleted if found, contest will be extended is site issues come up. 7 ) giveaway sponsored by Earth Footwear 8) No purchase necessary to win. 9) Prize not redeemable for cash. 10)Naturally Knocked Up, LLC is not liable for any injury or damage to persons and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered.
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.