We’ve talked about lunaception before, and I’ve heard enough success stories to know that there has to be something to it! And so a couple of months ago, Luness, sent me this pretty neat little gadget to help me in my quest to better use the practice of lunaception and regulate my cycles.
When I first took a look at it on their website I figured it was some sort of nightlight type device……..and boy was I wrong!
This little gadget sitting on my nightstand, may just be worth it’s weight in gold. And that’s saying quite a bit since it’s a heavy-duty little thing. Even Todd was shocked when he picked it up for the first time saying “Huh, that’s not what I was expecting!”
Speaking of my husband, he sure loves when I get to review stuff. :eyeroll: It’s always so fun to leave them out to surprise him when he gets home….. and I hear “*ahem*, what’s that for” and “what does this mean”? Honest questions of course from a guy who’s had to round the block a few times in the whole trying to conceive thing. (Side note: he’s also come to call my Luness device a “period mouse”. Yes honey, the period is the only thing a woman needs to track in her cycle……)
“Luness delivers a regimen of light clinically proven to help make cycles more regular.”
What that essentially means is that it acts like to moon right in your bedroom, AND you can align it to your current cycle. I don’t even know where to begin talking about this device, because it’s so complex. Let’s bullet point, shall we?
- Once you synch it your cycle, the entire device glows shades of red, yellow, and green during the day. You are then able to know your fertility odds – red being not fertile, yellow means it’s possible, and green is the most fertile. Or if you’re the husband – green means go, you’re getting lucky tonight.
- At night you push the red button underneath and the lovely shade of fertility disappears and the whole thing goes dark. You won’t think it’s working properly, or at least I couldn’t figure out what was going on! That was until I finally pulled out the manual (always read the manual – especially this one!) and realized that it always gives you a good half of an hour to get to sleep before the light turns on. For me this is awesome, because I can’t even stand the light on our alarm clock!
- It also gives you varied lengths of light as well as varied intensity to further re-create the effects of the moon. As you get closer to day 14, the light stays on for four and then finally eight hours and it gets brighter each night.
- It also has a great option of turning it off for about a half an hour when you tap on the top of it at night, this is so if you wake up it doesn’t prevent you from falling back asleep.
- The Luness device also gives you the amount of light you need to practice lunaception! I was severely downplaying the amount of light I needed and was shocked when I woke up the first really bright night and Todd was in my face asking if it was morning already (I sleep next to the alarm clock). It literally felt like morning, yet it was only 1am! And talking with the creators of Luness, I found out that we do in fact need more than just a little nightlight to really signal our bodies to produce the correct hormones.
- Another really cool feature is that it also has an internal sensor that regulates the light output based on your ceiling and walls, making sure that the reflected light is exactly what is needed.
- It also has a memory, so if you unplug it, the device will still remember what day of the cycle you’re on.
- There is also an iPhone app, perfect for traveling or if you’re looking at a smaller up front investment. Just make sure you put your phone on airplane mode – I’m a stickler for no phones in the bedroom.
At this point, it also seems important to remember that this device will not in fact tell you your exact fertility, rather, it bases your supposed fertility on this synthetic “moon”. You will still need to track your cervical mucous and basal temperatures to pinpoint ovulation, especially until your cycle begins to match your Luness device exactly.
And beyond trying to conceive, you can use it to help regulate cycles due to PCOS and peri-menopause, as well as use it to practice natural family planning and prevent conception.
But having the correct amount of light in your room at the right times can help to regulate your cycle and balance your hormones along with the right dietary and lifestyle changes. I’m impressed with all that this device has to offer and I’ve never come across such a lunaception aid that really takes all the thinking out of it!
(tip – I also noticed that they have a free shipping code currently on their site as well)
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.