One of the most confusing issues when it comes to fertility seems to be the detoxification process. It’s an important part of the road to conception though, especially for couples who deal with infertility.And our bodies can perform this function naturally if given extra attention, no need for many of the ‘detoxes’ commonly seen.
You see, our modern industrialized world is, unfortunately, full of chemicals that prohibit our natural fertility. These chemicals disrupt the natural processes of the body and interrupt hormone production; the air we breathe, the homes we live in, the foods we eat. And while our bodies may be able to handle such toxins in small amounts, we now tend to carry around a toxic body burden that effects not only our health, but the health of future babies. In fact, the Environmental Working Group did a study in 2005 that showed 287 different chemicals were found in the cord blood of just 10 infants. Out of these detected chemicals, 180 are known to cause cancer in humans and/or animals, 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system, and 208 of them cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal studies.
Common toxins we’re all exposed to:
- Mercury – disrupts cellular function at every level and according to the CDC about 8% of women of child-bearing age have blood levels high enough to pose developmental risk to their babies.
- Aluminum – can cause neurological problems
- Cadmium – similar in structure to zinc and may replace this essential nutrient within the scrotum of a male, causing infertility.
- Lead – may cause low sperm count as well as problems with motility and morphology in men as well as raise the risk of miscarriage.
- Hormones – normally looked at as only a good thing, if our bodies do not expel old or unused hormones, they can build up within the body causing hormone production to become unbalanced.
- Pesticides – produced to destroy life and we are chronically exposed to them.
- Medications – our water treatment facilities are not equipped to remove medications so things like hormones from birth control pills end up in the water we drink.
- Fluoride and Chlorine – also inhibit fertility and are in city water systems.
So how do we wake up everyday even when exposed to things like these?
Our bodies were wonderfully created to include its own detoxification system! As we breathe out, sweat, and use the bathroom we expel toxins each and every time. One of the organs at the forefront of this system is the liver and if treated properly can dispense a large amount of toxins on a daily basis. The problem, it seems, is that it can only do its job well if treated properly. Once it slows down and falls behind it has a hard time getting back on track and sometimes we need to be extra diligent in getting it to work properly again.
Over the next few weeks we’ll take a brief look at how to help our livers do the job they were created to do so that we can help our bodies boost their natural cleansing abilities.
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.