A year ago I started switching to all natural bath and body products. While I’m not completely switched over yet, I’m still working on it. I just really believe in keeping toxins (that are in all conventional products) out of my body in order to help it function properly.
I recently came across Mountain Mama Chic on Etsy and immediately fell in love with her products. Maybe it’s the fact the we used to own goats or the fact the we currently drink goat milk, but I just love the fact that she hand makes her own goats milk soaps! And maybe it’s just this time of year, but her Mawmaw’s Pumpkin Pie soaps sound fabulous! The specific ingredients for this particular bar are as follows:
- Pure Olive Oil – Softens and soothes skin
- Organic Palm Oil – Rich in vitamins A and E, powerful antioxidants that moisturize and fight cellular damage
- Goats Milk – The low PH of goats milk is close to our skin’s own PH making it a very gentle cleanser, excellent for sensitive skin. Contains restorative and rejuvenating alpha-hydroxy acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and B12 which soften skin, make it more supple and help remove dead skin cells
- Organic Coconut Oil – Softens skin, relieves dryness and flaking, and helps prevent wrinkles, sagging skin and agespots
- Naturally Occurring Glycerin – This expensive moisturizing agent is a natural byproduct of soap making. It helps your skin hold in moisture and is found in every bar of my homemade soap.
- Pure Pumpkin – Rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, E and C and beta-carotene helping to slow down the effects of aging
- Organic Shea Butter – Moisturizer with antiaging properties aiding to fight fine lines, wrinkles, dry skin and dullness. Vitamins A, D and E nurture and regenerate skin. Protects skin from oxidation and sunrays
- Sweet Almond Oil – Great emollient that improves complexion
- Organic Hemp Oil – Contains Omega 6, 3 and 9 which help our skin hold moisture and a preventative in skin aging
- Organic Castor Oil – Moisturizer that is antiviral and helps draw lodged toxins out of the body
A little bit from Carrie
While visiting my best friend last summer in Colorado, we decided to stop by the Vail Farmer’s Market. I was impressed by the number of vendors selling organic produce and body products. We bought a few natural soaps and lotions and were simply giddy to try them. I loved how wonderfully soft they made my skin, and the fact that I could pronounce every ingredient on the labels! Because it’s just as important what we put ON our bodies, as what we put IN our bodies. This thought really inspired me. When I returned home to Indiana I turned my kitchen into a science lab of sorts trying to find the best recipes for all natural skin care. The premise for my body products is simple: When you use the best organic and natural ingredients on your body, you will feel the difference. Even my colorants and exfoliating ingredients are natural – berries, avocados, spices, clays, almond meal, etc.
I’ve sold my wares at festivals, home parties, and custom orders. I received such a great response I decided to open a shop on etsy.com. I’ve only had my website for a few weeks and I’m amazed by the positive response I’ve received. It feels wonderful when someone tells me my products have helped them with their troubled skin or that they love the way it makes their skin glow.
I’ve also been making jewelry and knitting for years, so I have listed a few of these items on my website too!
I don’t really have a favorite item that I make, but I love how my kitchen smells like whatever kind of soap I’m making that day. I love researching and coming up with new organic goodies for your skin. I love buying new yarn and seeing what it turns out to be. I just love creating and making others happy!
Carrie is generously offering a package that will retail for $32.00!:
- 1 Mawmaw’s pumpkin pie goats milk soap
- 1 Mawmaw’s pumpkin pie lotion bar on the go (a lotion bar you can carry in your purse)
- 1 stress B Gone Goats Milk soap
- 1 January Jasmine Goats milk soap, and
- 3 organic lip conditioners