Your baby has brand new, sensitive skin. Skin that hasn’t yet been exposed to the toxins in out environment. That’s why I’m excited to partner with Wild Dill for this next giveaway. They are offering a 0-6 month Organic Onesie (and matching hat) by Maggie’s Organics, to one lucky winner. I actually have this giveaway, here at home, and have to say, it is too dog gone cute!
And you may wonder, why is organic cotton important? Well,
- Conventional cotton is the world’s most popular fiber yet is the most pesticide dependent crop in the world.
- Conventional cotton uses 25% of all pesticides amounting to 50 million pounds on US fields alone.
- Pesticides pollute watersheds and ruin the soil, destroying eco-systems.
- Pesticides harm the farmers who pick the cotton – according to the WHO 20,000 deaths occur each year from pesticide poisoning in developing countries.
- Every tee made of conventional cotton uses 1/4 pound of chemicals.
- Organic cotton is best for sensitive babies’ skin.
So not only does buying organic clothing help our own health, by keeping toxins away from our skin (which is your largest organ!) we can help keep these toxins out of our environment.
A bit about Wild Dill
Wild Dill carries only natural, organic, fair trade, made in the USA/Europe, or recycled clothing, toys, bedding and furniture for babies and toddlers. They sell products made from bamboo and soy fibers as well as cotton. They also carry lots of non toxic toys, including a wide variety of wooden toys. (personally, there are a few I’m planning to get my toddler for Christmas!)
**This Giveaway is now closed!