A wonderfully satisfying meal during the chilly fall and winter months, homemade chili can nourish the body and bring the family together. From slightly spicy to 5 alarm chili, this meal is what cooking contests are made of!
Our basic recipe feeds our family well, offering enough spice for the adults but not to warm for the children. If you like a bit more spice, try a hotter pepper than Anaheim.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cups chili/kidney beans (or 3 15oz cans)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Anaheim peppers, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅛ cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Brown ground beef in large stock pot, add onions and saute until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes. The longer you simmer, the better it will taste!
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.