Adding flavor to food through spices is one of my favorite ways to make it just plain old taste better. One of these days I need to get out of my own ‘flavor box’ and try some new things, but for now we can’t help but love what we love.
And a bit of spice is a welcome addition.
This spicy stuffed chicken recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and it’s very easy to control the spice if you have someone in the family that doesn’t enjoy it as much.
Spicy Stuffed Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (fresh cooked spinach)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cajun or spicy mix (you could also use taco seasoning – I had used a jalapeno dip mix I bought from the farmer’s market)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pound down each chicken breast until it’s only about 1/4 of an inch high.
3. Combine the cheese, spinach, and salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Place about 1/4 cup of the mixture on to each chicken breast and roll the breast around it, securing with toothpicks.
5. Place in an 8×8 pan, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle the seasoning over the top. I had a bit of the spinach/cheese mixture leftover so I spread that on top too.
6. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
*remove toothpicks before serving!
Variations: You could also use a nice raw cheddar and stir in an extra teaspoon or two of the seasoning you use in to the spinach mixture.
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.