When my husband sits down to dinner and exclaims “Wow, this is the first time I’ve ever had rice that tastes good”, I know I’ve done something right! Easy to make, using basic ingredients, this makes a great side side to any meal.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- ½ cup bell peppers
- ½ cup spinach or kale, chopped
- ¼ cup almond flour
- salt to taste
- Bring rice to boil in water or broth, let simmer until done, approximately 30 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan, add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add carrots and bell peppers to onion and garlic, cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Once rice is fully cooked combine with veggies and stir in greens and let sit for a few minutes until greens wilt.
- Add almond flour and salt to taste – top with an optional 1-2 Tbsp butter.
- Variations: This recipe is easily changed based on the veggies you have in your fridge. I’ve made it with red cabbage instead of greens, broccoli instead of bell peppers. Most ways you mix this up provides great results.
All images and content are protected under US copyright laws, please do not copy and paste.
Links in the post above may be affiliate or referral links - meaning that through a sale I may be given monetary benefit. I blog with integrity and only endorse companies and products I love.
I am not a doctor and don\'t pretend to be one. Use everything you read only to inspire you to do your own research and be an advocate for your own health. Please read my disclaimer in full.