After months of hoping and planning, and excitement, the Wise Traditions conference is only days away! While I will have to do some volunteering at the Weston A Price Foundations booth (actually quite excited to help out and meet people! If you’re going to be there, come find me! I’ll most likely have the baby in my ergo!) I hope to get to a lot of the sessions. There are so many good ones though, I’m having a hard time trying to decide which ones to attend! Especially the first day. It’s a toss up on whether I want to see Sally Fallon speak on traditional diets (because, it’s SALLY FALLON!!) or Baden Lashkov speak about GAPS (Gut and Psycology Syndrome, because it interests me).
*side note – am I a dork that I want to bring my Nourishing Traditions book to get Sally’s autograph?
And at the same time is the Radical Medicine: Getting to the True Roots of Disease with Louisa Williams. Again, very interesting! There is also a cooking track of sessions, that include fermenting, kefir, and Food, Mood and Behavior for Children and Adolescents which I’d love to see. Especially the food and mood one!
On Sunday I’m thinking I’ll follow along with the Real Food Economics Track, although the Healing with Traditional Foods look pretty good too!!
I plan on bringing my laptop so you can check out my updates throughout the weekend! I’ll be on twitter, facebook, and possibly blogging. Other bloggers are going as well and you should follow them on twitter too! Also, we’ll all be using the hashtag #wapfconf so you can search for it to read us all at the same time.
- AnnMarie of Cheeseslave
- Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Jenny of Nourished Kitchen
- Kimberly of Hartke is Online
- Kimi of The Nourishing Gourmet
If you get a chance, we would also love it if you could retweet our tweets and share our facebook messages. Not only does this help us out individually in our online presence, but helps get the word out about the Weston A Price Foundation and how real foods are the answer! It’s much appreciated!
I also want to ask that you keep me in your prayers this weekend.
- Please pray for not only my safety in travel, but peace and sense of calm while I’m driving. I live in a teeny little town and rarely have to drive on the expressway. This trip will take my by Chicago and then into Schaumburg which is a big city by itself.
- Also pray that my family and I remain healthy. I would hate for baby or I to be under the weather while out of town, and I would hate to not be able to take care of my family who I’ve left.
- And if you could help me in praying that God would only bring me in contact with individuals and companies that will help me not only further my online presence, but help my family become as healthy as we possibly can. Because above all else, this is my goal for the weekend – to learn as much as I can to bring home to my family. To help us heal and to help us thrive so that we can better serve him.
Thank you all so much for your support over the last year! Your comments, ideas, and questions have helped me to grow into the woman I feel God has called me to be today. You’re the best!